Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Abbey's Update


Dear Family and Friends,
Hello from Fishers, Indiana! Finally a word from me- in the flesh! (Many thanks to my mom and to others who have been kind and faithful to post updates.) I am sensitive to the fact that many of you are in different stages of informedness concerning the events of the past 3 weeks so please be patient with this update…
I returned to Haiti Monday, 11 January from my two week Christmas vaca in Indiana. The next morning it was Jack and Marcia Nonweiler’s, Mission Directors of Three Angels, turn for their vacation to commence. They flew to Florida. That night, the 7.0 earthquake rocked all of Haiti. God protected me, my 26 Haitian children under my care at the orphanage, and many of our Haitian staff members’ lives. He provided that by that Saturday, 16 January, Jack and a team of 5 others were able to fly down to us and by Monday evening, the eighteenth, we –myself and all of the 26 kids- were on a plane headed to Florida! God provided a family for each child and they have now been in their new homes for 2 weeks!
I am also home- for how long I do not know. I am praying about what my involvement with Three Angels will look like now. Obviously, my reason for going there (to teach the older children English) is no longer relevant. Three Angels no longer has any children under its care but it is sensitive to the reality that Haiti now has many more orphans. TA is seeking God’s vision for its future to determine how it can now minister to the needs of the people of Haiti. Its vision is to have a long-term and far-reaching influence in the community for Christ by providing education, medical care, and empowering families to keep their children (instead of having economic reasons to give them up for adoption).
You can stay abreast of TA happenings by following their website: http://www.threeangelsrelief.org/. Please consider how you could give to financially support the work there. You can also follow my adventures through my blog: http://www.somethingborrowedandshared.blogspot.com/. Please continue to keep Haiti in your prayers!
Blessings,
Abbey mac :)

No comments:

Post a Comment