Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tuesday, 8 December, 2009


Elmise helps hang Christmas bulbs.
I realize my postings rarely correspond with my pics,
but I think this randomness better corresponds to the
Reality I experience down here of, well, Randomness!
Dearest of mothers,


Mamma! How are you! I miss you, Mamma! I miss White Christmas, your repetitive listening to Josh Groban's holiday album, and coffee in the mornings. I miss you, your insight into life, your humor, and the way you’re so hard on yourself! I will see you in 19 days, amazing!


Our team of 12 is leaving on an early flight tomorrow. We have a medical resident down who is staying another week, working with Dr. Jack. I have received a lot of help recently with the homeschooling from the input & suggestions of visitors to Three Angels and I thank God that it is progressing as it is. I also praise God that He is dealing with me on heart issues regarding my teaching. The whole Point is pointing these little ones to Christ. AND, I am responsible for their academic maturation! We may not be discussing Locke and Hobbes or arguing man as he is in the state of nature, but learning is learning, so I am laboring daily to have fun with it. Although it is not what I love doing, He does give me joy! :) Do you know how rewarding it is to have your students demonstrate that their little ears have been listening and they get it? Yes, you do. :)


Please pray that I will consider this trial of back pain and minor paralysis JOY (yes, minor, very, very minor). And pray boldly that God will heal! Most significantly, pray for my PRIDE to DIE. I am really hand wrestling this Monster and it is pinning me every time. How can I kill Pride?


What’s going on in the free world? How much longer will freedom reign?
Love you so much, Mamma!
abs Psalm 30: 2

2 comments:

  1. Love you and miss you. So glad we were able to Skype. Prayers are going up to Him for you. Please send wish list in e-mail with confirmation you promised tomorrow.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey,
    I know you remember...Stones of Remembrance...12 AM-3AM...Community North ER...Tabitha...2 bags of IV fluid...something in the IV to stop her vomiting....quiet rest for her today in a warm, safe home...
    Jack & Marcia Nonweiler...Haiti...Three Angels where Abbey works...only a little medicine for the needs...lots of heart and prayer...sick Haitian children...their moms...much less hope...such deep povery...I am so blessed and humbled by the Lord's provision for me and mine...Please pray for the work of missions like Three Angels in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete