Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mom and Dad, meet Edward, my Haitian boyfriend.






Who would have thought a Snail would be so F.U.N.?
In Haiti, that’s how we roll.
I captured this little guy at the school (QCS) at which I spend so much of my free time. I thought he’d be a great creature to show my kids. These kiddos at Three Angels are so cloistered! No pets, no grass, only a few trees (which are not suitable for climbing L)… the highlight of my week with them is usually playing in the rain (or our impromptu Dance Parties)! I want so much for them to enjoy the amazing creativity of our God as evidenced in His creation so this week our learning moment was brought to us by a snail!
Edward, the Snail, was a dramatic guest during his stay at Three Angels. After his first night with us he disappeared and was feared dead. Upon his rediscovery, (which necessitated somewhat of a resuscitation since he was drying out) my elation prompted an Ode in his honor. Maybe I will share this piece of literature with you in the future. Mom and Dad, don't freak out. I did some soul searching, thought about the relationship, and Ed and I have since split. It's better this way. The cultural differences were just irreconcilable. :)
Reece was the only Haitian brave enough to hold Edward!

1 comment:

  1. The things we take for granted in this great US of A! Reese is such an amazing young man. I hope we get to meet him when he moves to Evansville. Please send me your passport info...see e-mail and Skype sites...ASAP.
    Love you and miss you! Mom

    ReplyDelete